Better Visualization for Industrial IoT and Industry 4.0
AIS expands their offering of open platform computing solutions for Industrial IoT and Industry 4.0. They facilitate applications in smart cities, buildings, transportation, factories and industrial companies and are deployed in water and wastewater utility management, oil and gas management, building automation, infrastructure management, intelligent transportation systems, industrial automation and manufacturing process control.
Our Vision: Visualizing a safer, healthier and sustainable world with our smart HMI solutions and customization services; engineered for Industrial IoT and Industry 4.0 applications in cities, factories, buildings and industrial companies.
Our Mission: Combining the goals of profitable business for a safer, healthier and sustainable environment with the development and use of our smart HMI solutions for industrial automation and manufacturing process control.
You Already Know Our Quality and Technologies
While establishing North American operations in 2005, American Industrial Systems Inc. (AIS), has been globally providing private label and OEM/ODM solutions for over 10 years. Odds are you’ve experienced or are already familiar with our quality and technologies.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, we offer in-house electronic and mechanical design, software development, and production and quality control services. AIS works closely with its customers on their industrial and embedded computing applications, open platforms and customer solutions. This enables them to focus on their core competencies. The result for its customers is an accelerated time-to-market, reduced total-cost-of-ownership and improved overall application with leading-edge and highly-reliable industrial embedded computing.
Company Certifications and Qualifications
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification Registration
Products Certifications and Compliances
- EN/ISO/IEC Standards, cULus Listed, IECEE Certification Body (CB-FCS), and CE/ATEX Marked to Safety Standards and Certifications
- Information and Communication Technology Equipment: UL 62368-1, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 62368-1, and EN 62368-1
- Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Electrical Equipment: UL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-201, CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 61010-1-12, and EN 61010-1
- Nonincendive and Explosive Atmospheres Electrical Equipment: ANSI/ISA 12.12.01, 2013, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 213-M1987, ATEX-Directive 2014/34/EU, IEC 60079-0, IEC 60079-11 and IEC 60079-15
- RoHS 2 and WEEE: 2011/65 EU and 2012/19/EU
Open Systems Engineered for Improving Flexibility, Performance & Efficiency
AIS pre-engineered and open architecture of industrial and embedded systems deliver the benefits of reduced application integration complexity, shortened implementation time, and increased flexibility to handle high workload demand. It also helps decrease development and maintenance costs as the new robust and scalable platform is able to support future systems deployment.
Total Quality Management for Increasing System Reliability
High availability and reliability are required to minimize costs of operation (e.g. minimizing scheduled and unplanned maintenance). MTBF is integrated in AIS engineering design, and governs frequency of required system maintenance and inspections.
- AIS calculates reliability prediction of industrial displays & embedded systems using the Bellcore standards
- Tests included: accelerated life test, voltage, current, temperature and vibration tests, temperature and humidity variations tests, and ongoing reliability tests
- The MTBF of AIS industrial and embedded systems have been in the range of 40,000 to 50,000 hours
- Advanced Technology Enabling a Lower Total Cost of Ownership & Faster Time to Market
Advanced Technology Enabling a Lower Total Cost of Ownership and Faster Time-to-Market
AIS open embedded system is hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for command, control, communications, monitoring and intelligence system applications.
- Deployment Process - adopting a more open, robust and repeatable innovation process to increase speed-to-market and speed-to-scale
- Result of Deployment - achieving a simplified and highly efficient embedded system for easier future support
- Future Development - providing a unique and differentiated set of services based on AIS technology and capability
If our customers can dream it, we can make it a viable reality. Combining our broad technical experience and creative thinking allows us to harness our in-house engineering design capabilities into a formidable resource. We create products that meet or exceed customer specifications, standards and expectations. Drawing upon our wealth of engineering knowledge and technical know-how for electrical, software, mechanical, environmental, video and vision and system design, and then adding the critical element of creativity to the design process, is how arrive at innovative, low cost solutions for our customers.
Electrical Design Capabilities: Innovating Electrical Designs while Meeting the Necessary Specifications and Standards
- An extensive set of tools for electrical circuit design, simulation, and testing
- Electronic circuit design, printed circuit board design, embedded logic and signal processing board design, industrial embedded board solutions and electronic circuit simulation and analysis
- Design optimized for functionality and design for manufacturability
Software Design Capabilities: Embedded Software Solutions from Conceptualization through Implementation
- Offering complete software design, coding, testing, and documentation services
- From complex, real time software design, easy to use graphical user interfaces
- System drivers and BIOS, operating systems, embedded firmware and real time operating systems, application programming interface and boot loader software design
Mechanical Design Capabilities: Turning Complex Engineering Ideas into Mechanically Viable Products and Solutions
- Cross-discipline design team approach for efficient design through manufacturing methods
- Fabrication techniques include machined, cast, metal, and molded
- Consideration for EMI, fluid sealing, thermal transfer, ease of assembly and costs
Video & Vision Design Capabilities: Visualizing Advanced Embedded Video & Vision Solutions
- The powerful functionality of video and vision has completely changed user interaction
- Delivers the perfect combination of programmability, performance and power
- Embedded vision applications in automotive vision systems, industrial machine vision and more
System Design Capabilities: Turning Industrial Design Ideas into Sophisticated Industrial Embedded Systems
- Complete in-house embedded system design capabilities for operator interfaces, mobile devices and control and monitoring equipment
- Delivering synergistic, integrated embedded hardware and software solutions
- Open architecture platform system designs for the ultimate in flexibility
Environmental Design Capabilities: Designing for Reliable Performance in Extreme Environment s and Conditions
- Engineering equipment that can perform reliably in extreme environments and conditions
- Designs, tests, and qualifies products that are exposed to severe environmental and EMI conditions in automotive, and industrial applications
- Routinely tests designs for compliance using UL/CE/ATEX safety requirements, or customer specifications
Safety Standards Design Capabilities: Enabling you to Achieve Productivity and Flexibility... Safely
- Functional Safety: Safe, efficient embedded systems and displays that are safety compliant
- Integrated Safety: Significantly reduce development time, maintenance costs and nuisance shutdowns
- Scalable Solutions: Use common industrial grade of components and tools to scale a solution for your entire range of applications, regardless of size and complexity
Pioneering leading-edge technologies, manifesting into cost-effective, efficient and high performance solutions for our customers is made possible by our stringent, comprehensive and exhaustive in-house management programs. We apply disciplined practices, time-proven methodologies and staged processes to managing all of our quality control, supply chain management and product lifecycle management initiatives. The end result is total project success and satisfaction for our customers.
Quality Management Capabilities: Integrated Quality Measures & Analysis for the Lowest Possible Final Costs & Waste
- Driving tighter cost control by identifying and eliminating poor quality and high production costs
- Fewer rejects, unscheduled machine downtime, and returns or reworking
- Stringent quality control measures to assure total customer satisfaction from beginning to end
- Quality services include: Quality policy, system and manual, APQP, FMEA, SPC, Gage R&R, PV&V, CAR/CAPA, ECO, PLM and document control
Supply Chain Management Capabilities: Efficiently Managing the Flow of Goods & Materials for Timely Delivery of Solutions
- Systematic, strategic coordination of functions and tactics to improve the long-term performance of the AIS SCM for customer profitability
- Covering everything from product development, sourcing, production, and logistics
- Providing the framework for businesses to jointly deliver goods, services, and information more efficiently and effectively
- Delivering the business processes and strategic SCM solutions to achieve integrated, superior logistical management
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Capabilities: From complex, real time software design, to easy-to-use graphical user interfaces
- Managing the entire lifecycle of products from inception, through engineering design and manufacturing, to service and disposal of manufactured products
- Demonstrating value-add as a true partner and resource for our customers
- Helping customers along the “bathtub” curve of life from a products’ infancy, through useful life and onto final wear out
- Total PLM services including: Design, Reliability Prediction Analysis, FMEA, Prototypes, Functional Test Development, Environmental Stress Testing, Compliance and Sample Testing for Reliability, Production/Ship, Field Failure Analysis, On-going Cost Reduction and EOL Management
Leading the Industry with State-of-the-Art Technologies and Touch Screen Innovations
Renowned for continuous innovation and improvement, AIS is at the forefront of research and development for industrial rugged displays and embedded systems, multi-touch and HMI technologies that promote great power efficiency, safety, cost savings and deliver more value.
In short, AIS empowers partners to improve their connection, control, interaction and experience with machines. As an industry leader, we were the first company to embrace and introduce multi-touch technology to the industrial market.
We also continue to innovate and foster development by incorporating these technologies in our state-of-the-art product designs and solutions:
- Open Standards and Specifications
- AAR Standards and Transportation
- Multifunction Display and Control
- Sunlight Readable LCD Displays
- Class/Division Hazardous Locations
- PC Based Control and Monitoring
- Internet of Things (IoT) and M2M
- Digital Signage and Room Scheduler
The Broadest Portfolio of Visualization, Control and Monitoring Solutions Available
AIS offers the largest portfolio and solution set of industrial rugged displays and embedded systems, digital signage players and display products in the world, bar none.
Presenting a wide range of solutions for industrial applications – all of AIS products feature open embedded architecture, advanced performance, superior connectivity, fan-less construction and a compact footprint all packaged in a rugged industrial enclosure.
- Industrial Touch Monitors and Panel PCs: We offer a comprehensive line of industrial monitors, rugged displays and industrial touch panel PC computers designed for use in harsh environments and extreme operating conditions.
- Ruggedized Touch Displays and Panel Computers: The pre-designed Open-based displays and computers provide a cost effective control interface and reducing time-to-market
- Operator Interface Terminals and HMI Thin Clients: Our OITs and HMIs offer the latest technology, providing engineers with high-quality and low-cost solutions.
- Building Management and Control Display Systems: Compatible with all technologies, AIS open building management display systems offer seamless connection and interaction with building control systems, access control, room reservation, and room scheduling display systems.
- Digital Signage Displays and Media Player Appliances: For applications such as retail stores, malls, hotels, restaurants and corporate buildings, we offer a high quality line of digital signage displays and media player appliances.
Extensive Application Expertise and Knowledge across a Wide Variety of Industries
The versatility, flexibility and range of AIS product offerings make them suitable to serve a myriad of applications, industries and markets. Whether your application calls for off-the-shelf, standard HMI displays or highly customized embedded computing solutions, AIS has the experience, technologies and resources to solve the application problems faster and more efficiently than anyone else.
From OEM/ODM to end-users, our products serve a broad and diverse customer base. Some key markets and applications include:
- Building Automation and Management
- Industrial Automation and Process Control
- Process and Discrete Manufacturing
- Machinery and Consumer Packaged Goods
- Petroleum, Chemical and Pharmaceutical
Leverage our In-House Design, Manufacturing and Quality Control Capabilities
Our design, engineering, manufacturing and quality control capabilities set us worlds apart from the rest. AIS offers domain specific hardware and software design, including engineering and manufacturing for private label and ODM customers.
Delivering world class products at a competitive price is only a small part of what we do. We are capable of bringing substantially more to companies who are looking to obtain the greatest value for their investment by tapping into turn-key design and manufacturing services.
When our design, engineering and manufacturing resources are brought to bear on projects, customers realize greater profitability, productivity and operational efficiencies.
Our design and manufacturing services:
- Design and Manufacturing Process
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing Quality Control
ODMs and OEMs benefit greatly by utilizing our in-house design and manufacturing team as an extension of their organizations. Where some companies may be lacking in core competencies and others with internal resources or quality expertise, they all can turn to AIS to address and solve their most complex manufacturing and design challenges.
From design flow, to fabrication processes, to engineering services, to TQM practices, AIS seamlessly manages every facet of the project. Again, in the final cost analysis we are often a significantly lower overall cost solution than our customers can obtain from using their own in-house operations.
Helping Customers Stay Competitive by Delivering Operational Efficiency, Productivity and Turnkey Open Solutions
As a matter of survival in today’s hyper-competitive market place, every possible provision needs to be made to reduce development and production costs, lower energy and operational costs, and increase speed-to-market. For sustainability and profitability, no longer can manufacturers rely only on component solution providers to satisfy their basic needs.
They must develop partnerships with turn-key solution providers that offer maximum flexibility in everything they do.
Perhaps, the only company with the design expertise, mechanical know-how, flexibility, technology, and breadth of products that is capable of delivering on such a broad scale, is American Industrial Systems (AIS).
In the name of superior productivity, AIS delivers industrial computing, monitoring and HMI solutions that help manufacturers achieve superior results – often far exceeding any customer benchmarks and metrics by great measure. In many instances, the cost savings are two to three times more, compared to our customer’s in-house operations.
Unlike any other company in the marketplace, we offer the most comprehensive menu of capabilities and services imaginable.
From delivering standard panel product configurations for simple machine interface… to semi-custom solutions, mix and matching chipsets and other components… to fully custom solutions that are engineered and built from the ground up, we provide a complete solution that meets every exacting requirement of your application. And just as important, we’ll help you get your products to market faster than anyone else.
Our Tremendous Range and Breadth of Offerings Provide Many Benefits to Customers
Having such an extensive product offering and range of solutions at your disposal provides greater flexibility in choosing the right path for your application.
As your requirements may change or expand due to market dynamics, rest assured that AIS will always have an array of industrial computing, monitoring and HMI solutions to serve your needs.
In addition, the variety and breadth of our products demonstrate our ongoing commitment to R&D. As the first company to employ multi-touch technology, you can be confident that we will continue to innovate the newest and latest technologies.
Our Partners Add Value with Superior Integration, Application Knowledge and Connectivity
AIS understands the value and importance of Ecosystem Partners in providing the essential expertise and experiences in successfully implementing industrial automation, process control, machine, instrumentation and manufacturing solutions for our customers. We recognize that our solution partners play a key role in your overall success in pursuing new markets and opportunities.
AIS has developed new ways in working with our solution partners by bridging the gap between these complex integration demands. Our support program enables our valued customers and ecosystem partners, to achieve measurable benefits while gaining a competitive edge by using AIS HMI and control products. As a result, they serve their customers better, quicker and more efficiently.
AIS Distribution Partners
Avnet is your quickest and most efficient source for AIS products in the channel. AIS will work closely with Avnet in ensuring that you have the best possible price and service support for your projects. Avnet Embedded is the leader in embedded solutions with annual sales in billions, a broad partner line card which features AIS, a wealth of technical resources and a highly skilled team. Avnet Embedded delivers outstanding support for OEM, embedded and commercial customers.
AIS HMI Software Partners
AIS touch panel PCs and operator panels have been pre-tested and pre-configured for wide availability, high performance, manageability, and security appropriateness.
- Wonderware® InTouch HMI
- InduSoft EmbeddedView
- Progea Movicon™ 11: Movicon™ 11
AIS operator interface terminals and HMI thin clients have been pre-tested and pre-configured for wide availability, high performance, manageability, and security appropriateness.
- Wonderware® InTouch® Compact Edition
- InduSoft CEView
- Progea Movicon™ CE